WhatsApp is reportedly working on a new feature that will allow people to edit messages even after they have been sent.
The feature was already being tested on Android and the Desktop, but this is the first time that we’ve heard of it being tested on iPhone.
The new feature will be similar to that which iMessage users can already enjoy, according to a new report by WABetaInfo. That report notes that the editable messages are only currently available to those who have the WhatsApp beta installed via TestFlight, too.
The report also notes that there will be limitations on how long people can edit messages for, as is to be expected.
All edited messages will be marked with the “Edited” label within the chat bubble. In addition, WhatsApp will offer users up to 15 minutes to edit their text messages after being sent.
There is currently no telling when the same feature will be made available to everyone who uses the version of WhatsApp that’s available for download in the App Store, but we can only hope that it won’t be too long.
Now that WhatsApp is testing the ability to edit messages on all platforms it seems likely that we are now closer to the feature being made available to everyone than ever before.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.