WhatsApp is reportedly testing a new archived chat experience, with those who are part of the iOS TestFlight beta test now able to take it for a spin. That’s how the folks at WABetaInfo were able to get their hands on it and they’ve been detailing exactly what’s going on.
There are a few changes in this update, but the main one is the way that receiving a new message in a chat that is archived won’t cause that chat to be moved.
Instead, the chat will remain archived and as such won’t get in the way of other chats.
There are some other alterations to the archived chat experience, too.
- The archived chat cell is also pinned at the top of your chat list if you have archived chats into
- The archived chat cell is always visible and cannot be hidden.
- The archived chat cell reports the number of unread chats.
- If someone mentioned you in an archived group, you will see the symbol @ in the archived chat cell.
All of this will presumably come to WhatsApp proper eventually, but there’s no telling when that will happen. It also seems that there is a server-side component at play as well, with WABetaInfo noting that not everyone with the TestFlight build will see the new options.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.