If you’re the proud owner of a CarPlay-enabled vehicle then rejoice, for arguably the best mapping app on the App Store has now been updated to support iOS 12 and thus, the aforementioned CarPlay. The free Waze update is now in the App Store and available for download.
Previously the only mapping app that was allowed to work with CarPlay was Apple’s own Maps app, but following the release of iOS 12, that has all changed with third-party apps now given the green light. Waze has been in a short beta period of testing since the release of iOS 12, and is now ready for public use.
Waze for Apple CarPlay launched today, September 24th, on over 400 vehicle models around the world.
iOS Wazers: connect your compatible device via Bluetooth or USB and start enjoying your favorite Waze features on your in-car display.
What makes Waze so popular is that it can provide more detailed traffic and construction information than almost any other mapping apps. Owned by Google and using similar data, Wazee can be invaluable when it comes to making sure that you avoid delays when taking a trip, especially if it’s one of considerable length.
Google’s other mapping app, the ever-popular Google Maps, has also recently received its own iOS 12 update, again adding support for CarPlay.
If you own a car that has CarPlay capabilities we suggest giving Waze a try or, at the very least, switching to Google Maps while Apple continues its work to improve its own Maps app – something that is very much in need of some attention in a market that continues to lap it.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.0.1 / tvOS 12.0.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Apple TV
- Create macOS Mojave 10.14 Bootable USB Flash Drive Installer, Here’s How
- iPhone XS Max Ultra Thin Case For Minimalistic Experience? Here’s A List Of Best Ones
- Fix iOS 12 Battery Life Issues And Percentage Drain, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 / 12 / 12.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 12.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Download iOS 12 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]