The tvOS 16 update is now available for installation on your Apple TV. Here’s how to go about installing it the quickest and easiest way.
Apple first announced the tvOS 16 update during the WWDC22 event in June and beta releases have been tested by developers and public beta testers ever since.
Now, Apple is ready to make the update available to everyone who has a compatible Apple TV and you can download it on your own device now.
As has become the way with tvOS updates, the tvOS 16 release isn’t one that is full of new features, but there are a couple of note.
The first is the ability to connect Nintendo Switch controllers to the Apple TV for the first time, while HDR10+ support has also come to the Apple TV app. Beyond that, Apple Fitness+ has gained some improvements while Apple is also adding Matter smart home compatibility via a further update at a later date.
Those installing tvOS 16 will need an Apple TV HD or Appel TV 4K, and the process of installing is super simple. Just open the Settings app on your Apple TV, choose System > Software Updates and then select the Software Update option. Your Apple TV will download the update and then restart to install it. Depending on your internet connection, the whole process should only take a few minutes.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- iOS 16 Final OTA Profile File Download And IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.