Apple released iOS 14.2 beta 4 to developers yesterday and alongside the usual bug fixes and whatnot, there’s something that was completely unexpected. As spotted by MacRumors, this update adds a few new wallpapers and they’re pretty amazing.
The new wallpaper options each come in a dark and light mode theme and offer views of deserts and shorelines.
There are a couple of photorealistic options that match the kind of images we’ve become accustomed to with Mac wallpapers, but the drawn options are absolutely the best ones to go with. We’re huge fans of those and we’re sure you will be, too.
Alongside the new images and wallpapers Apple also added support for Intercom, the feature that it announced during the iPhone 12 event and allows people to send messages to each other via iPhones, iPads, HomePods, Apple Watch, and even CarPlay.
There’s no telling when Apple will release iOS 14.2 to the public, but with this update likely needed for the upcoming HomePod mini we’d suggest that it will arrive within the next couple of weeks.
There had been an assumption that this update would debut alongside the new iPhones, but with devices that are in the hands of reviewers running iOS 14.1, that seems very unlikely indeed.
You can download the new wallpapers from here right now. Do lets us know which of these new wallpapers are your favorites.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.