The FCC has confirmed that 1,200 megahertz of spectrum in the 6GHz band (5.925–7.125GHz) is now available for unlicensed use, allowing WiFi 6E to take advantage of it.
As a result, we can expect WiFi 6E to be 2.5 times faster than anything we currently have.
Despite the fact that some utility companies and other outfits already use the 6GHz band, unlicensed devices will be able to coexist based on rules that have been set out by the FCC.
In making broad swaths of the 6GHz spectrum available for unlicensed use, the FCC envisions new innovative technologies and services that will deliver new devices and applications to American consumers and advance the Commission’s goal of making broadband connectivity available to all Americans, especially those in rural and underserved areas.
It’s likely that this move will most benefit companies trying to create technically complicated devices and accessories that need a ton of bandwidth in order to function. Those devices could include augmented and virtual reality headsets, allowing them to function without the need for wires.
It’s still early days but the move is a positive one for those trying to make wireless connections between devices easier and faster. It’s also expected to benefit both personal and enterprise uses across the United States.
It’s unknown at this time when we should start to see devices take advantage of the new move.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak