Tesla has reduced the price of its home chargers after receiving backlash following the news that it was no longer shipping them with new cars.
The move to remove chargers from new cars was one that caused a lot of debate online, with CEO Elon Musk claiming that the number of people using the chargers was small.
That doesn’t seem to have helped prevent the backlash, however, with Tesla now reducing the price of the charger to $200 as reported by Electrek. The Wall Connector is now being sold for $400.
Tesla already had some of the best prices in the industry when it came to home charging stations, but these prices are particularly impressive, especially the Wall Connector since anything 48-amp and with Wifi connectivity generally start at at least $600.
However, anyone who wants to order the $200 charger is going to find themselves out of luck. The charger has been out of stock for some time and it doesn’t seem like the stock situation is likely to improve anytime soon. The shortage is just one of many affecting Tesla right now — anyone buying one of the company’s cars could be in for a year-long wait depending on the car and configuration that they opt for.
Tesla isn’t alone here, however. Many carmakers are also struggling to be able to produce cars quickly enough given ongoing supply issues relating to parts, including semiconductors.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.4.1 Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.