As coronavirus continues to take the world by storm and change the way we live and work, it’s also decimated the smartphone market, too. But according to a new Reuters report, it’s likely that China will be the first company to see the signs of a comeback.
That’s thanks, in part, to the fact that China now appears to be coming out the other side of its initial coronavirus outbreak, according to the report. In fact, smartphone sales are already on the up in the country.
Smartphone sales in China are rising again as COVID-19 cases there decline and global demand for chips used in work-from-home networks is surging, positioning Asian tech firms for a slow but steady recovery, their early quarterly report cards showed…
“Within Asia, developing signs of industry returning to work tell us that production in China will be the first part of the economy to lift off,” Stephen Innes, global chief market strategist at forex trader Axicorp, said in a note.
Shares in Samsung, also a maker of smartphones and TVs, rose 2% on Tuesday. Foxconn stock rose 1.4%.
LG Electronics shares jumped nearly 7% after the South Korean TV and phonemaker said operating profit likely soared 21% in the March quarter.
China is also the only country with Apple Stores that are open, and while they might only sell Apple phones, that’s still an increased potential for sales compared to countries where iPhone buyers need to go online for their new hotness. Apple Stores are expected to remain closed for the next few weeks at least as the rest of the planet continues to practice social distancing.
China is, of course, where the majority of phones and their parts are produced and the market as a whole is very much tied to the country. We saw that when Foxconn and other manufacturers were forced to close during the last couple of months. With those factories now open it seems China is on its way back. Now we just have to hope the rest of the world follows suit.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.