Samsung is getting ready to announce a new Galaxy Fold release date within the next few weeks, according to a new report by The Korea Herald. While it was initially reported that an announcement was expected within days, that has now been confirmed to not be the case, with weeks a more likely timeframe.
Samsung co-CEO DJ Koh reportedly told the newspaper that his company “has reviewed the defect caused from substances [that entered the device], and we will reach a conclusion today or tomorrow [on the launch].” That would certainly suggest that Samsung has found a way to fix the display issues that plagued demonstration units that were sent to people for review recently.
A number of tech reviewers reported that their displays had malfunctioned, often with the screen completely failing. A fault with the hinge was suspected at the time, and all devices were returned to Samsung for inspection. It’s now believed that a reduction in the gap between the display bezels and their protective layer will be implemented. That’s the same protective layer that some reviewers removed because they thought it was a screen protector.
Based on Koh’s comments, Samsung appears to be coming close to a final decision on the US launch, although the company has been working on rescheduling the US launch of the Galaxy Fold devices with enhanced display protection in a conservative manner, considering the time needed for necessary steps including radio certification and device testing procedures by US mobile carriers.
We don’t know when the Galaxy Fold will be released following its recent postponement, but the language coming out of Samsung does suggest that we are nearing a resolution.
That will be great news for those with pre-orders in, especially following Samsung’s recent move of cancelling all pre-orders unless people explicitly said they still required theirs.
(Source: The Korea Herald)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12.3 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your Compatible iPhone or iPad
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Features, Beta Release, Download Info And More: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.