Analyst, Canalys, has shared a new report regarding the North American smartphone market during the first quarter of 2019 and it doesn’t bode well for those in the smartphone selling game.
According to the numbers, smartphone sales fell around 18% when compared to 2018, meaning that actual sales hit a five-year low of around 35.4 million phones.
Apples sales were the among those taking the biggest hit, seeing a reduction of around 19% compared to the previous year. That still equates to around 14.6 million iPhones sold, with the report believing that around 4.5 million of those were the cheaper iPhone XR units. LG also saw a 24% drop, while Samsung managed to grow by 3%.
However, Canalys notes that moving into March, Apple saw iPhone XR sales increase in particular. It’s believed that aggressive discounts and trade-in offers are the reason for that, with older iPhones also being discounted to move inventory.
“Apple shipped 14.6 million iPhones in Q1 2019, down 19%, but maintained a 40% share of the North American market. It was helped by carrier and retail discounts on older models such as the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7, as well as the growing use of trade-din promotions, but this was not enough to offset the shortfall of iPhone shipments in Q1.”
If you need something to get you to sleep tonight you can always read the full Canalys report for the details.
But the thing that’s worth noting is that Apple saw negative growth for the quarter while sitting at around 40% market share. Samsung did manage to grow and has around 29.3% market share. Everyone else is just making up the numbers.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12.3 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your Compatible iPhone or iPad
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Features, Beta Release, Download Info And More: Here’s Everything You Need To Know