Runtastic PRO, the popular fitness app for iOS and Apple Watch that tracks exercise and then logs the data it collects for later analysis, is now free again for a limited time. Normally costing $5, Runtastic PRO has gone free before, but it never stays that way for too long.
Capable of tracking exercises such as cycling, jogging, hiking & walking, Runtastic PRO uses your iPhone’s GPS features in order to accurately track the distance and speed of exercises, producing maps and statistics at the completion of your workout.
Runtastic PRO has long been one of the most respected and used apps for tracking exercise and it has recently undergone an overhaul, seeing the entire app’s user interface given a lick of paint. At $5, this is the kind of app that would be a bargain at twice the price. At free, it’s an app that everyone should have in their collection.
While there is already a separate version of Runtastic that is always free, the PRO version adds a raft of additional features, some of which are well worth having a look at.
PRO APP FEATURES:
– Real Voice Coach: Audio feedback based on your personal preferences
– Auto Pause: Session pauses automatically when you stop moving
– Routes: Create or find exercise routes on Runtastic.com & sync to phone
– Challenge a Run: Compete against yourself by challenging a past activity
– Coloured Traces: Colours indicate training changes, such as pace & elevation
– Powersong: Integrated music player & Powersong to give you a boost
– Training goals: Select a calorie, distance or pace goal to optimise your training
– Interval training & with coaching and dynamic split tables
– Geotagging: Take photos during workout & see them on your map trace
– Weather, temperature & sunrise/sunset data to assist with scheduling of training
– Use for running, jogging, cycling, CrossFit, skiing & more
– Running Leaderboard: See who’s run the furthest this/last week or this month
With January having just started, there will likely be a few people reading this who have set a new year’s resolution to get more exercise, and apps like Runtastic PRO are great motivators and companions along the way. If you’re anything like us, then adding a slight technological angle to anything is likely to make it more appealing, exercise included!
(Download: Runtastic PRO for iOS and Apple Watch on the App Store)