We don’t yet know for sure what the 2019 iPhone lineup will look like, but that isn’t stopping people from speculating what the 2020 one will be. The latest to do that are JP Morgan analysts who believe that Apple will ship as many as four new iPhones next year.
Of those four phones, according to JP Morgan via a CNBC report, three will pack OLED displays with 5.4-inch, 6.1-inch, and 6.7-inch screens.
They’re all also said to include 5G radios as well as the 3D-sensing camera technology that has been rumored on and off in recent years.
“Our expectations include all three Sep-2020 iPhones (5.4″/6.1″/6.7″ screen sizes) will adopt OLED displays and 5G baseband modems (with support for mmWave frequencies), and at least two of the three models adopting world facing 3D Sensing (Time of Flight) driving industry leading AR/VR capabilities which can be leveraged by custom built applications (including games).”
While 5G isn’t yet anything to write home about unless you happen to live in just the right spot, JP Morgan believes that 5G capabilities will help push around 195 million iPhones in 2020. For comparison, estimates for this year max out at around 180 million, suggesting next year will be a better one for Apple and its shareholders. “More significant spec upgrades” in general are also expected to help push sales in 2020.
The fourth and final iPhone for 2020 is expected to be a more budget-conscious device, according to the report. By removing features like 5G and using an LCD display Apple will be able to keep costs down. A chassis resembling the iPhone 8, and potentially using Touch ID rather than Face ID, which will also allow the price of entry to be lower.
(Source: CNBC, Top Image: iPhone SE 2 Concept)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.