Owners of the Sony PS5 DualSense Edge controller can now use it with their iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV devices after Apple issued a raft of software updates.
The recent iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS software updates have all added support for the premium PS5 controller.
Sony launched the new PS5 DualSense Edge controller in January but while Apple devices already supported standard PS5 DualSense controllers, the DualSense Edge was a different matter entirely. But the release of iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4, macOS Ventura 13.3, and tvOS 16.4 all add support for the first time.
The DualSense Edge controller is designed to be customizable which allows players to alter how some of the buttons and triggers work and feel. It also comes with a braided SUB-C cable and a special case, as well it should considering the $199 asking price.
It isn’t yet clear how much support the Apple devices will have for the controller’s extra features, however. The DualSense Edge has dedicated back buttons for example, and it’s unclear whether they will be supported as part of these updates.
All of the new software updates are now available for download and we’d suggest that you install them all at the earliest opportunity even if you don’t plan on using Sony’s costly controller to play your games. If you’d prefer something cheaper, there are plenty of controllers designed to be used with Apple hardware that cost a fraction of the price.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.