Ever wanted your Philips Hue lights to change color based on what you’re watching on TV? Of course you have, and now they can do exactly that. The new Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box has now been announced.
The device is meant to be connected to your TV with your video source plugged into it. That could be a PlayStation, Xbox, DVR, streaming box, or anything at all. Then when you watch or play something the box can turn the image into light.
You can connect up to four different devices to a single box, which is good for those who have multiple bits of kit.
And it’s apparently compatible with all of the color-capable Philips Huge light bulbs and bars that we have dotted around our home. Up to 10 lights can be synced with whatever you’re watching on your TV, too.
“People love to escape the pressures of everyday life by getting lost in their entertainment,” said Jasper Vervoort, Business Leader, Home Systems & Luminaires, Philips Hue at Signify. “We are proud to present the new Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box and give them a simple way to make that possible. Philips Hue users can now easily connect the color-capable lights in their room with their home entertainment systems, taking their movie- and TV-watching, listening and gaming experience to a completely new level.”
This all sounds pretty cool, but it isn’t going to come cheap. The Philips Hue Play Sync Box goes on sale in October and will cost $229.99.
You may also like to check out:
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 13 / 13.1 Final Version Release Date Announced By Apple
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.