Nioh 2 producer Fumihiko Yasuda took to the official PlayStation blog yesterday to announce the game’s release date. The sequel to Team Ninja’s Souls-like action RPG hits the PS4 on March 13, 2020, with pre-orders available today.
Along with the announcement came an invitation to an open beta for the game, which will be available to PS4 owners from the 1st of November to the 10th. The beta can be preloaded right now.
The beta will, of course, offer but a taste of the final release, with its purpose being to test a few of the game’s new features with prospective buyers. These include a new character customization feature, a new weapon called the Switchglaive, and possibly new combat mechanics, among other things.
The beta, Yasuda explains, will start from a “safe zone” called the Interim, where players will be able to choose and test out their weapons before moving on to the actual challenge – a stage called Sunomata, based on the Sunomata Ichiya Castle, which is said to have been built in one night.
As you begin the beta, you will enter into a place called the Interim. Unlike the dojo tutorial from the previous game, the Interim is a safe zone where you will be able to choose your weapons, test out the basic moves and transition to a real stage when you are ready.
Team Ninja hopes to make Nioh 2 feel like a “genuine evolution” of the original, and from the trailer that came with the announcements, it seems to be going in the right direction. The original made quite a name for itself with its rich combat system and the developer seems to have doubled down on that, giving players the ability to harness the powers of Yokai.
Speaking of the original Nioh, the game will be available for free through PS Plus starting November 5.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.2 On iPhone X, SE Demoed Using checkm8 Exploit
- Download: iOS 13.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.2 Beta 2 Released
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple