Apple is set to announce the new iPhone 13 as soon as next week and now we know that a new MagSafe Charger will also be offered as well. As noted by one Twitter user, an FCC filing for an unannounced MagSafe Charger has been confirmed.
FCC ID BCGA2548 lists a new “Magnetic Charger, A2548” device, but it’s impossible to learn too much more about the product based on the contents of the filing. However, it does not that the charger will be compatible with “legacy iPhone” products — likely iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
It also goes on to mention “new iPhone” devices which likely means iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
The charger itself is likely to be almost identical to the existing model, although it seems possible that we could expect improved magnets as well. An increase in charging speed would be well received, with the current MagSafe technology topping out at 15W.
That’s some way behind other wireless chargers, but is still twice as quick as charging an iPhone with a traditional Qi charger.
New Apple MagSafe charger just went thru the FCC. Wonder what’s new. Wouldn’t it be cool if the new Airpods magnetically attached, too… pic.twitter.com/xdz1ORhuhe
— Dave Zatz (@davezatz) September 6, 2021
Apple is set to announce four new iPhones next week with new, smaller notches and improved camera technology. A new 120Hz ProMotion display is also heavily rumored, although it’s possible that will be limited to the higher-end models.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 8 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.