We are still a good few months away from Apple unveiling the iPhone 12, but that isn’t stopping people from getting all hot under the collar about the iPhone 13, likely to be announced in 2021. The folks at Japanese site Macotakara have even shared a 3D mockup of a device.
Said to be a 5.5-inch iPhone 13 mockup from “Alibaba sources,” the model shows no notch at all and it’s fair to say that it makes for quite the look.
That would mean that the TrueDepth sensor, used for Face ID, would need to live elsewhere. It’s possible that it would be positioned beneath the screen, although that’s far from a certainty.
Around the back we see a large camera bump and what appears to be space for five different cameras and sensors. We’d imagine them to be the standard array of three cameras plus an LED flash and the LiDAR Scanner that debuted on the iPad Pro earlier this year.
One reason that this prototype mockup seems unlikely to be the real deal is the inclusion of a USB-C port instead of a Lightning port. Apple is unlikely to move to USB-C because it doesn’t offer any benefit to the iPhone. It’s no smaller than Lightning and the use of USB-C accessories isn’t as big of a deal as it was on the iPad Pro – the one iOS/iPadOS device that uses USB-C.
Apple is likely to announce the iPhone 13 in September of next year so there’s plenty of time for more information to leak before then.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Best Cydia Repos And Sources For iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Unc0ver
- iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With Unc0ver 5.0.x [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- Kodi 18.7 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.5.1 To Jailbreak iOS 13.5 While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak