Now information on the Cydia replacement that is set to be bundled with newer versions of the Electra jailbreak has emerged. Dubbed Sileo, the app will install alongside the upcoming Electra jailbreak version update as a total Cydia replacement and will remove the need for additional fixes and hacks to be included to keep Cydia functional.
Until now, little information has actually been pushed out into the public domain as far as Sileo is concerned. We’ve learned that the app is a work in progress and that it has been designed to fully replace Cydia going forward on all future Electra jailbreaks.
We’ve also had a quick glimpse at the initial user interface for the app running on an iPad and have seen the adding of new repositories functionality in operation. As mentioned at the time, this process will be extremely familiar for anyone who has worked with Cydia previously.
Now, developer CoolStar has taken to Twitter to give some additional information on payments and how they will work across the Sileo platform and including various repositories. In short, the developer has confirmed that any repository will be able to handle commercial packages and take payments from users and that additional API documentation will be released in due time to enable owners of those repositories to set up that flow:
any repo will be able to handle paid packages through Sileo. API documentation will be available once Sileo is released.
He also confirmed that repositories will be able to use a “standardized API to present package price, purchase status, and handle payments seamlessly,” meaning that users should expect to see a uniform process and payments process throughout Sileo, regardless of what they are purchasing or the repository that the purchase points to. This is all good news and gives the comfort to package and tweak developers that payments will still be able to be taken and handled once the comfort zone of Cydia is removed.
It is definitely good news to see more information about Sileo filtering through into the public domain. However, what the community really wants is an indication of when Sileo will actually be released and when we can expect to see a fully functional version of it in the real-world.
(Source: @coolstarorg [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad [Devs Only]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]