Meta has announced that users of Instagram and Facebook in the United States can now sign up to Meta Verified. The new subscription offering allows people to be verified across both social networks for a single monthly fee.
That monthly fee is $11.99 if you pay via the web, but those who pay using their iPhone or Android phone will have to pay a bit more — $14.99 per month, to be exact.
Signing up isn’t as simple as just paying money, though, as TechCrunch explains.
You can join the waitlist to sign up for the subscription service online starting today. In addition to the monthly fee, you will have to be at least 18 years old. You need to complete the verification process and provide a government-issued photo ID to confirm your identity before being approved for a Meta Verified subscription. Two-factor authentication is also required.
It’s even more complicated as well, with those who are verified not even able to change their username, profile name, photo, or date of birth without having to go through the whole verification process all over again.
On a more positive note, subscribers will get exclusive stickers for Facebook, Instagram Stories, and Facebook Reels so there’s that. They’ll also be given 100 Stars monthly that can then be used to show their support for creators on Facebook.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.