The popular VLC media playback app has announced a new update that adds Apple CarPlay support for the first time.
With the update installed, users can listen to music while they’re driving and control everything using their vehicle’s big-screen controls.
This is a big addition for people who use VLC to play back music files that they have stored locally, often in high resolution or formats that wouldn’t otherwise be playable via the Music app.
CarPlay can be used in compatible cars with some requiring a cable connection. Others include wireless support which means that the iPhone only needs to be in the car for the connection to function. More and more cars include CarPlay support today, while the wireless connection is also growing in popularity.
The update includes a number of other changes including a new audio playback interface, new views for artists, albums, and episodes in the media library, and more.
(Image via taisy0)
VLC supports file syncing via all of the big cloud storage providers as well as iTunes and more. You can also connect to file shares including SMB, FTP, SFTP, and more.
The updated VLC is now available for download from the App Store and is free. It’s also open source and can work with most music and video formats without the need to convert them first.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.