The guy behind Cydia, Jay Freeman (aka Saurik) has released an APT update which has significantly improved the rather slow, and painful loading times in Cydia. Cache Generator has also been optimized so that Cydia doesn’t take an hour reloading. This new update is said to drop the loading times from 22 seconds to just 2.2 seconds (tested on iPhone 3GS), 10x improvement.
I also uploaded a new version of APT I’ve been working on: It has an optimized cache generator and more error tolerant repository parsing.
To get this update, simply start Cydia and it will prompt you for an Essential Upgrade. Tap on “Upgrade Essential” and then follow the subsequent steps to get the update.
Also take a look at our complete jailbreaking guide for iPhone 3.1.3 firmware for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G using redsn0w 0.9.3, redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Downgrade iPhone 3.1.3 Baseband 05.12.01
- Fix 1604 Error During iPhone 3.1.3 IPSW Custom Restore
- Make iTunes Believe You Have iPhone OS 3.1.3 Installed
- AppSync for iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak Firmware
- F0recast Released for iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak Info
- Push Doctor Fix for Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone 3.1.3