macOS Big Sur 11.4 Released With Support For Podcasts Subscriptions And More
Apple today released Apple Releases macOS Big Sur 11.4 to the public, bringing support for Podcasts subscriptions and more ahead of next month’s WWDC event. Apple already has macOS 11.5 in development and in the hands of beta testers.
The new update comes around a month after Apple Releases macOS Big Sur 11.3 was also made available to the public. This update brings with it support for Apple’s new Podcasts subscriptions as well as laying the groundwork for Apple Music’s upcoming lossless audio, Dolby Atmos, and Spatial Audio.
The full release notes read:
macOS Big Sur 11.4 adds Apple Podcasts subscriptions and channels and includes important bug fixes.
– Apple Podcasts subscriptions are available for purchase via monthly and annual subscriptions
– Channels group together collections of shows from podcast creators
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Bookmarks in Safari may get reordered or moved into a folder that can appear hidden
– Certain websites may not display correctly after your Mac wakes from sleep
– Keywords may not be included when exporting a photo from the Photos app
– Preview may become unresponsive when searching PDF documents
– 16-inch MacBook may become unresponsive when playing Civilization VI
For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211896 For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
With WWDC now just around the corner it’s only two weeks before attention will turn to what’s next, likely macOS 12. We expect Apple to make the initial macOS 12 beta available following the WWDC21 opening keynote on June 7.