Now that people are getting their new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pros we’re hearing all about just how great they and their Apple silicon are. Interestingly there are initial signs that the mini-LED technology used in the displays is not as susceptible to blooming as found on the mini-LED 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
A number of people have taken to the internet to report that they are seeing blooming on their displays, but it’s not much.
Blooming is when a white object on a black background appears to spill over, creating a sort of halo effect. It’s something that is inherent to the technology used, and while some people say that it is definitely a thing, they also point out that the displays are exceptional otherwise.
As pointed out by a MacRumors forum member:
Comparing the 12.9″ iPad Pro and the new 16″ MacBook Pro, the MacBook Pro is a bit better. Much less blooming, and the colors pop a bit more. That being said they are both amazing screens. When I first used the iPad I was really impressed by the screen. When I first used the MacBook Pro I was completely blown away. As a test I played a 4K HDR demo and the peak brightness, colors, and the realism is one of the best I have seen on any screen (not counting extremely high end TVs).
The XDR Display on the MacBook Pro has noticeably less blooming than iPad Pro, almost impeceptible really.
— Michael Kukielka (@DetroitBORG) October 27, 2021
This isn’t something that we can expect to be improved via a software update and it’s something that isn’t really a problem that needs to be fixed. But if you’re someone who notices these things we suggest checking one of these machines out before making a purchase.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.0.2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.0.2 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.