Tesla drivers might still be waiting for CarPlay and Android Auto, but those who drive electric vehicles from one of its competitors can now enjoy both.
Lucid has confirmed that drivers of its Air luxury EV can now enjoy CarPlay and Android Auto and the features will both come as standard with its connectivity suite.
Lucid announced the addition of CarPlay and Android Auto via Twitter, but as 9to5Mac notes, it isn’t immediately clear what size the CarPlay and Android Auto experience will be.
It’s difficult to tell exactly what size the CarPlay portion of the screen comes in at. Here’s how Lucid describes the whole screen which spans from the driver’s side instrument cluster to the middle of the dash: “The Glass Cockpit display is a 34-inch, 5K floating screen that sweeps around the driver, curving like the cockpit of a jet.”
Lucid’s Air EV starts at $88,000 and goes all the way up to a quarter of a million dollars, so having CarPlay and Android Auto support isn’t too much to ask, really.
Apple CarPlay® is standard on every #LucidAir. pic.twitter.com/Daw0zDlne4
— Lucid Motors (@LucidMotors) March 23, 2023
CarPlay and Android Auto support is basically table stakes for most new cars today, but Tesla remains one of the few that won’t add the features to its own cars. Whether that will change in the future is anyone’s guess, but it seems unlikely at this point.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.