Great news, media lovers! The team behind the globally successful Kodi media software has announced an update. It means that Kodi “Leia” 18.2 is now available to download and consume, complete with bug fixes and incremental improvements.
The announcement came from over at the Kodi official blog and will likely be a surprise to most Kodi users as this wasn’t something which was expected.
This isn’t a release which comes with a ton of new functionality – if any at all, to be honest – but it is built with improvements and bug fixes designed to take the Kodi platform onto the next stage and to strengthen the foundation on which 18.2 is built.
To provide an insight into what’s been going on between the release of Kodi “Leia” 18.2 and this release, some of the fixes and improvements in this latest push can be found below:
- Fixes put in place for performance and dependency regressions in the platform’s GLES rendering path
- A number of fixes similar to the above but in the context of the AML platform, which is an area that has not been touched for a while
- Corrections for erroneous interlaced content on VAAPI on Intel. This should mean that stuttering caused by the decoder reconfiguring should no longer be an issue
- Improvements to the music experience, including database optimization and improved import functionality
- The introduction of a Codec Factory for Android allowing power users to configure HW-Decoder usage to their own requirements
- And many, many more fixes
For those interested, a full commit-by-commit log of the changes can be found over at the platform’s GitHub milestone page, which outlines all of the work carried out on this particular release. Beyond this release, the Kodi team has not only confirmed that Leia has had a lot of input from developers around the world outside of the core Kodi team but that the team is now currently working on version 18.3 of the Leia roadmap which should hopefully yield a new release sooner-rather-than-later.
For now, you can get your hands on Kodi 18.2, which, as previously mentioned, is a public Kodi release with a slew of internal fixes and improvements. This should include builds for all platforms.
Kodi 18.2 can be downloaded for various platforms including Android, Windows, Mac, iOS and more from Kodi.tv/download.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad