With Christmas having just gone by, we have some interesting smartphone statistics to share. It appears that the iPhone once again reigns supreme in the US in terms of smartphone activations on Christmas, with the Apple-branded phone occupying 9 out of the 10 top spots.
This comes in via Flurry Analytics which first and foremost notes that there has been a 23% decline in smartphone activation this Christmas compared to 2019, but this is nothing surprising given the present coronavirus situation in the country.
Coming back to iPhones being all the rage this Christmas, we have the iPhone 11 leading the charge with it being the most activated smartphone.
This was followed by the iPhone XR and then the iPhone 12 Pro Max. If you’re wondering why Apple’s hottest phone is on the third spot, Flurry Analytics says:
This year’s most premium device, the iPhone 12 Pro Max takes third place. Typically, Apple’s highest-end devices surge at launch as early adopters rush out to buy the most advanced Apple smartphone available. As the masses slowly replace their old devices, the base model—this year the iPhone 12—typically gains in popularity.
Missing entirely from the scene is the iPhone 12 mini. This phone is everything the iPhone 12 is, just smaller in size, and a price tag that is $100 less. If the report is anything to go by, it would appear, the mini still has to catch customer attention.
Let’s look at the budget phones; notably the iPhone SE from Apple, and the 10th sport-holder, the LG K30.
Apple’s budget device, the iPhone SE, as well as LG’s K30 saw the largest Christmas day surge compared to the prior 7 day average, with 34% and 181% increases, respectively.
One takeaway from the report is that this is a trend unseen in the last few years, with the coronavirus pandemic significantly influencing the purchase decisions of Americans.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.