iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max iOS 13.3 jailbreak exploit has been finally released by Brandon Azad. Here are the details.
Security researcher Brandon Azad has followed through on his word in what appears to be record time. Just a few days ago, he took to Twitter to confirm that he would release a proof-of-concept exploit at the kernel level. Today, that PoC has arrived and it goes by the name of OOB Timestamp.
His original tweet confirmed that he would be releasing a proof-of-concept that would work with iPhone 11 running iOS 13.3. Now, a follow-up tweet has confirmed the release and gives a little additional information on what it is that he has been working on:
oob_timestamp is a proof-of-concept research exploit that exports the kernel task port on iOS 13.3 17C54 on the iPhone12,3. See README and oob_timestamp.c for details. bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero…
Azad has once again referenced the iPhone12,3/17C54 hardware/software combination in his tweet but this is likely due to the fact that his PoC is based on that combination and is likely not down to the fact that OOB Timestamp only supports the iPhone 11 and iOS 13.3. Tweets and information released by Unc0ver developer Pwn20wnd has all-but-confirmed that his team can likely work their magic to update the Unc0ver jailbreak to extend this tfp0-capable exploit and make it work for them by offering support for additional devices.
oob_timestamp is a proof-of-concept research exploit that exports the kernel task port on iOS 13.3 17C54 on the iPhone12,3. See README and oob_timestamp.c for details. https://t.co/5VvnmOXEOO
— Brandon Azad (@_bazad) February 7, 2020
If you are interested in this type of research and would like to take a look at the more technical aspects of Azad’s work, then you can find the full write-up and explanation of the bug right here. If you are simply interested in whether or not this can be taken to the next level and used within an updated jailbreak solution, then the current signs all look very positive.
Developer Pwn20wnd has already shot-his-shot and advised that he will be taking OOB Timestamp seriously as soon as it was released. And now that it is released, well we can only assume that the Unc0ver team will be dedicating time and effort into upgrading the tool to offer additional compatibility on the back of this PoC release.
Currently, there is no “eta son,” which means that we should all just sit back and absorb what information filters into the public domain relating to progress in this matter.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak