Apple has been speeding its way through the iOS updates of late and iOS 14.0.1 is already in the hands of everyone who wants to take it for a spin. And as ever, the same old question is being asked – how does it impact battery life?
That’s something that iAppleBytes has set out to find out and, as ever, it involves multiple iPhones and everyone’s favorite benchmarking tool – Geekbench.
The video takes us through the tests across an iPhone Se, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and 2020 iPhone SE. We also get to see how the battery life compares to other versions of iOS, too.
This video was shot 4 days after iOS 14.0.1 was installed, so it had time to settle in. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize it self after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical on this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 4 days after I updated them. In those 4 days they were just idling with power connected. So let’s run the battery test again, and see if we will get some different results this time around.
So how did things pan out? Pretty week, really. Battery life isn’t quite as good as some versions of iOS but the differences aren’t huge. Check the video out and see for yourself – especially if you’ve been holding off updating over battery life concerns.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.