Whenever Apple releases a new software update for its iPhone there is one question that crops up time and time again – how does this release impact battery performance? The release of iOS 13.6 is no different and four days after its arrival, YouTuber iAppleBytes has put together a test showing just how things perform.
To make this test happen iAppleBytes took an iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and iPhone SE 2020 and tested battery performance across at least four different software versions. Testing was done using the standard Geekbench benchmark, too.
This video was shot 4 days after iOS 13.6 was installed, so it had time o settle in. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize it self after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical on this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 4 days after I updated them.
So how did things pan out? Not great, as it turns out. Across the board, we saw a surprisingly notable reduction in battery performance across all devices, including the most recent models. That’s less than great news, but it’s possible things will improve in the future as the test iPhones settle down.
Hopefully iAppleBytes will run a similar test in a week or so.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 14 Beta 3 Download Release Date & Time Expectation
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 2 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.