iOS 13.5 battery life drain and performance test on various different iPhone models. Here are the details on this.
Apple recently released iOS 13.5 alongside its new coronavirus pandemic contact tracing API. The update is available for download now, but how does it compare with older versions of iOS in terms of two important factors – battery life and performance?
That’s something that iAppleBytes set out to discover by running Geekbench on a range of newer and older devices. Those include an iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and iPhone SE 2020. That should give us a decent cross-section of devices and performance levels. The test was also run a few days after the update was installed to allow it to “settle in”.
This video was shot 6 days after iOS 13.5 was installed, so it had time o settle in, so to speak. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize it self after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical on this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 6 days after I updated them. In those 6 days they were just idling with power connected.
The test puts iOS 13.5 up against iOS 13.3.1, iOS 13.4, and iOS 13.4.1 and you can check the full video out above. There’s also a graph to show how things have changed throughout the releases.
The tl;dr version? It’s all rather too close to call a winner. But the main thing is that you shouldn’t expect anything to get worse. And that’s a good thing!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With Unc0ver 5.0.x [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.7 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.5
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Unc0ver 5.0.0 IPA Download Is Out
- Jailbreak: Downgrade iOS 13.5 To iOS 13.4.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak