iOS 13.2 will likely bring back all the iOS 13 missing features which didn’t make the cut in both iOS 13.0 and iOS 13.1. Here are the details.
Apple announced its new iPhones and an updated iPad yesterday and we now also know when iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 will land.
The former will be available on September 19th, while iPad owners will have to wait until September 30th to get their hands on iPadOS 13. And even then, not all of the announced features are going to make the big release.
As has happened in recent years it seems that not all of the announcements made during WWDC in June are going to be ready on day one of the next big iOS update.
Apple appears to announce software features that will arrive as part of the update’s lifecycle. In this case, iOS 13.x.x – essentially anything before iOS 14. That means that there is a fair bit not done yet.
The list of features missing was shared by MacStories’ Federico Viticci and it makes for some disappointing reading. If you were holding out for one of these, you’re going to have to wait a little bit longer.
- Apple AirPods audio sharing – This feature was supposed to allow users to use multiple pairs of AirPod on a single device.
- HomeKit Secure Video and Routers – Apple made a big deal about keeping your camera videos secure, but it not just yet, apparently.
- iCloud Drive Folder Sharing – The feature that many saw as a way to ditch Dropbox isn’t going to make it into the initial iOS or iPadOS release.
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 Automation – Being able to use a HomePod or AirPlay 2 speaker as part of a Scene or Shortcut would be great. And maybe it still will when it arrives.
- Image Capture API – It’s an API for capturing images, obviously. Except it isn’t because it won’t be there.
- Screen Time communication limits – Any additional control over Screen Time and how kids use their devices is welcome. We’ll just have to wait a while.
- Siri Message announcements – Siri being able to announce when you have a new message without any input from you is next level stuff. Which might explain why it didn’t make the cut.
We’d expect all of these features to come to iPhones and iPads in due course, possibly even in an iOS 13.2 release or something along those lines. Hopefully it isn’t too far away.
You may also like to check out:
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 13 / 13.1 Final Version Release Date Announced By Apple
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?