Apple is still testing iOS 13 ahead of its launch next month but it appears that it may already have been jailbroken. Luca Todesco is a name that will be familiar to those in the jailbreak scene already, and he’s making a name for himself again after he shared a video of what appears to be a hacked iPhone X running iOS 13 beta 1.
The video shows a little of what has been achieved but it appears to be a WebKit bug that Todesco is taking advantage of.
When asked for more information on Twitter he went on to say that the bug allows for the execution of remote code as well as gaining him local privilege escalation as well as the ability to inject code.
While this is likely still some way from being a viable jailbreak, it’s a proof of concept that shouldn’t be discarded. It’s also worth noting that this is achieved using the first beta of iOS 13, so it’s possible the bug is already fixed in later beta releases.
Even if that’s the case, the fact it was found and then acted upon at all is another indication that the jailbreak community is still very much alive and kicking.
— qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) August 27, 2019
The iOS 13 update is expected to be released next month, although iOS 13.1 is already in the hands of developers as well as those who are part of Apple’s public beta program. It remains to be seen whether this bug is present in either of those updates.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.1 Beta 1
- iOS 13.1 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]