The recently released iOS 12.4 added a new, unexpected feature. With the new update installed, users will be able to transfer data between devices when setting one up. The whole thing happens wirelessly.
Normally, when users set up new iOS devices, they can set them up either as new devices or restore from iCloud or iTunes backup. Now the whole thing can be handled wirelessly if another device is nearby.
The new Quick Start setup defaults to using WiFi but there are also options to use a Lightning cable or the USB Camera Adapter instead. Apple has also confirmed that the setup process transfers all of your data from the older devices to the new one, although apps do download from the App Store instead. Importantly, passwords are transferred using the procedure whereas that is not the case when using iCloud restoration.
While transfer times will vary depending on the amount of data that needs to be transferred, an approximate completion time is displayed on screen during the transfer.
With this feature now available it will surely be the quickest and easiest way to get a new iOS device up and running from here on out. We’d expect it to be super popular when the new 2019 iPhones launch later this year, too.
This move also means that the reliance on iTunes is yet further reduced – something that Apple continued to work on with iOS updated.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 12.4 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.