There is some great news for HTC Droid incredible users on Verizon looking to get rid of Data Cap or Data Throttling after utilizing the designated limit usage. wildstang83 from XDA developers has released Data Throttle Remover for Droid Incredible phones with root. Although hacking data throttling from different careers isn’t new, but this mod certainly is unique with a different version for major custom ROMs.
The hack basically tinkers with services.jar file in your phone’s system / framework that allows unlimited data access. And the best part is that this hack is an automated script, so all you have to do is flash it and it will work! We can also assume that this mod for removing Data Throttling from Droid Incredible is safe as the developer still has to see a device that got damaged due to this.
The generic version of this mod is compatible with almost every custom ROM for Droid Incredible. Some users have also claimed that this mod for removing data cap does speed up their data services as well.
Although the mod will work on any custom ROM for Droid Incredible, here is the list of ROMs that this mod has been thoroughly tested on:
- CyanogenMod 7 Stable
- Evo Shift GingerSense Custom ROM
- Kingdom Gingerbread ROM
- Stock Froyo Builds
So let’s cut the rant short and see how we can remove Data Throttling using Data Throttle Remover:
- Download Data Throttle Remover according to your custom ROM. All the links along with ROM details are provided in XDA thread posted here.
- A Rooted Droid Incredible
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your Droid Incredible
- Download Data Throttle Remover zip file, compatible with your custom ROM, from link provided in requirements section.
- Once done, download and install ROM Manager from Android Market.
- After the installation of ROM Manager is complete, launch the app from your homescreen and tap on first option to install ClockworkMod Recovery 3.x.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as disk drive and copy the downloaded Remove Data Throttle zip file to SD Card root.
- Once done, reboot your phone in recovery mode. You can either do it through button combination or use ROM Manager for Recovery reboot.
- Now once you are in Recovery mode, navigate to Install Zip From SD Card and select to flash Remove Data Throttle zip file from resulting menu.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- After the process is complete, reboot your device.
And there you go! Your phone is now liberated from any Data Throttling or Capping from your provider. Enjoy!
You can follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple