Apple’s new iPhone X is here, and it comes without a Home button. That removal of the Home button means that users need to re-familiarize themselves with how things work and get used to interacting with on a smartphone that really doesn’t have any hardware buttons that drive main interactions on the phone. One of those changes involves how Siri is accessed on the device which has the potential to cause some confusion.
There’s no denying that iPhone X is very powerful. When you combine the power and beauty of the hardware with the fact that it runs iOS 11 out-of-the-box, which by default comes with an improved and more powerful version of Siri, then you get an experience which is perfect for allowing Apple’s voice assistant to flourish.
But before that can actually happen, you are going to need to know how to actually access it and invoke it on the device now that the Home button has been removed. As always, you can rely us on to bring you that information, so let’s not waste any more time and dive right into the steps needed to use Siri on iPhone X.
Yes, this is going to be the shortest “how to” guide possible. You simply need to press and hold the new Side button (previously called as sleep/wake/power button) on iPhone X. That’s all. Pressing and holding the Side button replaces the press and hold of Home button and Siri will become active to be used as normal with voice commands or with text if you have it set up that way.
If you don’t want to actually use the Side button and prefer an entirely wireless or hands-free experience, then you can also set up the “Hey, Siri” functionality which will bring Siri to life when it hears you say those keywords. Also, if you have a CarPlay-enabled vehicle with a Siri button on the steering wheel then you can still press that button when iPhone X is connected and Siri will work as normal.
The crux of the situation is that Siri is still largely activated and used in the same way but the now-defunct Home button has been replaced by the iPhone X Side button.
You may also like to check out:
- Pokemon Go 1.51.1 IPA And 0.81.1 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- iPhone X Control Center And Notification Center: How To Access Them
- iPhone X Multitasking App Switcher, Force Quit Apps: How To Invoke Them
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone X
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]