When Apple announced iOS 12 during the opening keynote of WWDC 2018, there were a few fairly big features to get excited about and one of those that many have latched onto is a more thorough control of how notifications work.
Beyond simply allowing notifications to be grouped in Notification Center, iOS 12 will also allow users to have granular control over how notifications arrive and what happens when they do. One facet of that is something called quiet notifications, and it’s something that you may just have missed.
The “deliver quietly” feature is an option for those who don’t want to go as far as disabling notifications for an app but also don’t want them to jump out at them when they are triggered. With the option turned on, notifications will show up in Notification Center but will not alert users either audibly or via a banner alert. To find them, you’ll have to go looking for them and perhaps fittingly, it’s the same case for the option itself, too.
Here’s where you need to head in order to turn quiet notifications on.
Step 1: Wait for a notification to pop up either on your Lock screen or in Notification Center.
Step 2: Swipe from right to left on the notification you’d like to enable the more restrained alerts for until you see the Manage button. Tap that.
Step 3: Now, tap the Deliver Quietly option.
Step 4: Repeat the process for any other notifications you want to quieten.
Somewhat oddly, doing the same thing in reverse takes a few more taps and requires users go to Settings > Notifications and then select the app in question before enabling the Lock Screen, Banners and Sounds options to re-enable everything. Keep that in mind if you feel like you’re missing out after quietening a particular app and want to undo your work.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 With Electra Update Post Ian Beer’s Exploit Release
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Release Notes, Changes And Known Issues According To Apple
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]