Apple’s iPhone SE is now available to buy and, as suspected, it’s very similar to an iPhone 8 in more than appearance. The team at iFixit has taken one of each device apart to compare them and released its findings in a new report.
With both devices looking almost identical from the outside we’d been expecting similarities internally too, and this report confirms that the same SIM tray, Taptic Engine, and display are all the same across both devices and can be installed in either of them.
There are also other parts that are almost identical across the two devices but aren’t parts that can be swapped between the devices. The Home button is one example of that with that battery also being just different enough to prevent it from being swapped out. While it appears to be identical across both iPhones, the way it connects to the logic board is different.
The similarity between the two iPhones is one of the reasons Apple is able to sell the iPhone SE for just $399.
It’s spent years refining and perfecting the manufacturing of these particular parts. That allows Apple to reduce the cost involved in manufacturing them and, as a result, makes them able to sell a complete phone for less.
iPhone 8 (left) vs New iPhone SE (right)
As part of iFixit’s report, it also noted that it contained parts that most repair shops will already have in their inventory. That makes it easier and cheaper for devices to be repaired when required.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 2 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak