Here’s how you can download and install RetroArch multi-system emulator IPA on iOS 10. No jailbreak is required to make this work.
There are functional gaming emulators, and then there’s RetroArch. Previously available as a tweak via Cydia for jailbroken devices, RetroArch is an advanced multi-system emulator app which offers support for multiple classic and iconic gaming consoles.
We’ve previously covered the wonderful RetroArch as a PlayStation emulator when it was initially available through Cydia. It’s now back as a standalone installation for non-jailbroken devices with cutting-edge functionality and the ability to emulate some classic games from classic systems. Here’s how to go about installing it:
Step 1: Before you can begin the installation process, you are going to need to have the necessary IPA file downloaded to your machine. You can grab the RetroArch emulator IPA from here.
Step 2: Now that you have the RetroArch multi-system emulator IPA in your possession, you are going to need to actually get it sideloaded onto your iOS 10 device. You can do this without the use of the App Store and Cydia by simply with either a Mac or Windows machine using any one of the guides below:
- Xcode (official supported method for sideloading): How To Sideload iOS Apps Without Jailbreak Using Xcode
- Cydia Impactor: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Step 3: Now that you have the application installed on your device, it is time to actually tell iOS that it needs to trust the installation in order to be able to run it. The reason being that we need to stop the app from crashing back to the Home screen whenever it is tapped. Launch the Settings app on the device and navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management. On some iOS devices, this may have a slightly different name.
Step 4: Locate the profile in that section which is assigned to the emulator installation. When you tap on the profile you will notice that there is a Trust button in the middle of the display. Tap on that and then tap Trust again when the alert appears.
Step 5: And that’s all that you need to do. The developer profile should now be trusted meaning that you can launch the app without it crashing back to the home screen.
Enjoy running all those classic games on your iPhone or iPad!
You may also like to check out:
- Download VizoRec IPA Screen Recorder App On iOS 10 [No Jailbreak Required]
- Is iOS Jailbreaking Dead? The Pioneers Of iPhone Jailbreak Weigh In
- Snapchat Hacks 2017: Download Snapchat++ IPA On iOS 10 Without Jailbreak
- iOS 11 Beta 4 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere Free Online Without Cable Subscription, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11 Public Beta 2 And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 3 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]