You can now download iOS 16.4 RC IPSW links and OTA profile file for your iPhone or iPad. Here are the details.
Apple has started to roll iOS 16.4 RC (release candidate) out to developers as the final release gets ever closer to happening.
The new update will likely also see an RC made available to those who are on the public beta program.
The new update is available for download today by anyone who has the correct developer profile installed. The new update carries the build number 20E246 and could well be the same version that will be made available to everyone.
As 9to5Mac notes, these RC updates tend to arrive within days of the final version also releasing to the public, so it’s possible that we will see this release made available more widely within the next week.
As for what’s new, it’s too early to know if anything has changed in this particular beta but it seems unlikely. Instead, previous changes include 21 new emoji as well as push notification support for web apps that have been added to the Home screen.
Other improvements include better VoiceOver support for the Weather app as well as the return of the page turn animation in the Books app. There are also a number of fixes relating to Crash Detection on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro as well as tweaks to how the Home app handles Matter-compatible thermostats that would previously become unresponsive.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.