Here’s how you can download and install iOS 12 final IPSW and OTA update early right now ahead of Monday release.
Now that new iPhones are available to pre-order, attention is turning to the next thing to come out of Apple. That’s iOS 12, the big software update that will arrive on devices around the glove on Monday, September 17th. The update brings with it some new features including digital wellbeing monitoring and improved Siri support alongside Siri Shortcuts and while Monday isn’t too far away, you can get your hands on the update right now if you’d rather not wait.
In order to do that, you’re going to need to install the latest public beta release of iOS 12, which is ultimately the final, shipping version as well. With the final version going live in a few days, it’s highly unlikely we will see any more beta versions arrive, so it’s fairly safe to say the version available via the public beta program right now is also the version that will be pushed out to everyone’s devices on Monday.
You don’t have to wait, though, so here’s how to get iOS 12 now.
Step 1: Sign up for Apple’s public beta program (Apple Beta Software Program) over at beta.apple.com on your iOS device and install the beta profile. Reboot if prompted to.
Step 2: Once the profile is installed, head to Settings > General > Software Update, just as you normally would.
Step 3: The new update will be available. Follow the usual update process.
Step 4: Once your device updates and restarts, you’ll be running iOS 12. Nice and easy, right?
Step 5: At this point, we’d suggest removing the beta profile so that you don’t accidentally update to a subsequent beta release. Head into Settings > General > Profiles, then tap and delete the iOS 12 beta profile.
That’s it; you’re all set. You’ll have to wait for Apple to publish Shortcuts to the App Store on Monday, but apart from that, you’re all updated and ready to go before everyone else.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone XS / XS Max Power Bank: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- iPhone XS / XS Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone XS, XS Max Case? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone XS Max USB-C PD Fast Charger For Power Delivery: Here Are The Best Ones
- iPhone X / XS Max USB-C PD Car Charger For Fast Charging: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 GM Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]