Audi has taken the wraps off of the new e-tron GT and RS e-tron GT, a pair of performance electric cars that use the same powertrain as that offered by the Porsche Taycan. The result, as you’d expect, is a fast car indeed.
The e-tron GT first appeared back in 2018 and has since found itself a place in an Avengers movie, but now it’s real. And it sounds pretty impressive if you read Audi’s press copy.
“Its classically beautiful design proportions are accentuated by large wheels, a wide track, , and long wheelbase – lower and wider than the Audi A7 while maintaining approximately the same length. Aesthetics arise from efficiency; an inverted Singleframe grille reinterprets honeycomb design elements, distinctive quattro blisters above each wheel, and a flat greenhouse with sloping roofline define e-tron GT design. Coupled with radiator and brake duct air inlets that can close when not needed to optimize aerodynamics, drag coefficient is a low 0.24, helping the e- tron GT move with efficiency in complement with its velocity.”
As for performance, Audi says the dual motors mean a 0-60 mph speed of 3.9 seconds time and time again, whereas some competing cars have to cool down between fast runs.
“An element of performance the Audi e-tron GT shares with the world’s most thrilling roller coasters also contributes to its exhilarating performance: permanently excited magnets. Found in both the front and rear axles of the e-tron GT and RS e-tron GT, permanently excited synchronous motors (PSM) are ideal for the e-tron GT thanks to the motors’ ample, instant torque from a standstill. The e-tron GT produces 175 kW (238 PS) at its front motor and 320 kW (435 PS) at its rear motor. The motors’ net combined output is 350 kW (476 PS) or up to 390 kW (530 PS) with overboost for 2.5 seconds with launch control and 630 Nm (464.7 lb- ft)of torque. This allows the e-tron GT to repeatedly accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds on the way to a top track speed of 152 mph.”
Things are kicked up a gear when you move on to the RS e-tron GT, a car that is competing with Audi’s own R8 in the supercar bracket. And compete, it does, with a 0-60 time of 3.31 seconds. Audi says that puts this thing on a par with the R8, all without using any gas.
“The RS e-tron GT shares its front motor with the entry e-tron GT but has a more powerful rear motor, capable of producing outputs 335 kW (456 PS). Together, the motors in the RS e-tron GT produce a net 440 kW (598 PS) and up to 475 kW (646 PS) with overboost. Total system torque is 830 Nm (612.2 lb-ft). As a result, the RS e-tron GT can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds and has a 155 mph top track speed. That places the acceleration of RS e-tron GT on par with the V10-powered Audi R8 supercar – all while generating zero direct emissions.”
Pricing will start at $99,900 which is far from cheap. Anyone wanting the top of the range RS version will have to hand over an additional 40% – prices start at $139,900 for that model. It’s worth remembering that there could be some money taken off those prices because it’s an EV. Some areas offer special discounts on EVs, for example.
We’ll have to wait for confirmation on range, too. Audi says we can expect up to 238 miles from a signal charge, but that hasn’t been put to the test yet.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4 Out Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak2
- How To Buy Bitcoin From iPhone Or Android Device The Easy Way
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.