Prominent analyst Ming-Chi Kuo is back with his latest prediction hot on the heels of Apple’s recent media event. The well-placed and often in-form analyst has published a new research note suggesting that Apple’s 2019 iPhone models will ship with an upgraded Face ID experience.
It may seem a little early to start talking about next year’s iPhone and iPad hardware. Especially considering iPhone XR only launched last week and Apple’s brand new 2018 iPad Pro models aren’t even in the hands of consumers yet.
However, it always pays to be on the pulse as far as these predictions are concerned, which is why Kuo is once again keeping investors informed with a timely research note. With this prediction, Kuo is focusing on the 2019 iPhone range as well as forecasting what about happen with Apple’s next-generation iPads.
Where iPhone is concerned, Kuo believes that Apple will focus on the Face ID experience and ship hardware that will contain an improved flood illuminator VCSEL. If accurate, that improvement would dramatically reduce any interference in the detection process caused by environmental light that is in play during the facial detection. As part of that, Kuo is suggesting that suppliers IQE, Lumentum, and Win Semi will all be part of Apple’s supply chain process, and, as such, will all benefit from the improved Face ID experience in the 2019 iPhone models.
The analyst is also taking the opportunity to talk about Apple’s iPad range and is suggesting that consumers should brace themselves for a Q4 2019 or Q1 2020 update and refresh. Although the predictions about this hardware are understandably sparse, he does believe that the next iPad refresh could feature Apple’s new 3D modeling technology which would then make its way into the 2020 iPhone range. It all sounds very promising and exciting as far as future iPhone and iPad refreshes are concerned.
For now, consumers may have this to look forward too but should also be concentrating on the fact that iPhone XS/XS Max, iPhone XR, and the new iPad Pro units are extremely new and are still flying off digital and physical shelves. There’s clearly plenty to look forward to in Apple’s product pipeline with plenty of new tech to filter into the public domain.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Might Be Possible Once Remounting Issue Is Fixed, Claims Developer
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.