Apple CEO Tim Cook has confirmed via Twitter that the company will donate to relief and recovery efforts following the devastating floods in Pakistan.
Cook took to Twitter to confirm the donation, although he didn’t confirm how much Apple would be laying down to help.
The CEO said that “our thoughts are with those that have lost loved ones, the many displaced families, and all those affected,” during the tweet.
Pakistan is currently dealing with what the UN’s secretary general called “a monsoon on steroids,” with tens of millions said to be affected by the disaster. A new $160 million appeal has been launched as part of the efforts to help deal with the aftermath of the floods that have now killed more than 1,130 people. The BBC reports that “officials estimate that more than 33 million Pakistanis – one in seven people – have been affected by the flooding.”
Apple is often one of the first companies to donate money and other relief during humanitarian disasters and Cook normally confirms such things via his personal Twitter account, as was the case today.
The floods in Pakistan and surrounding areas are devastating humanitarian disasters. Our thoughts are with those that have lost loved ones, the many displaced families, and all those affected. Apple will donate to relief and recovery efforts on the ground.
— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) August 31, 2022
Those who would like to donate personally can do so via various charity organizations including the Red Cross, although multiple scams have already begun to appear online.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.6.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.6.1 Final IPSW Links OTA Files And iPadOS 15.6.1 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 RC Download And Release Date: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download: iOS 16 Beta 8 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone Released
- iOS 16 Beta 7 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Out Now
- Download iOS 16 Beta 7 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.