Apple announced a new open source project today, one that’s aimed at making it easier for the developers of password managers to create strong passwords which can be used with the world’s most popular websites and services.
Apple offers its own password management feature in the form of Keychain, but there are tons of excellent password managers available from third-party companies. Apple’s move is in an effort to make it easier for these companies to share resources – including details on websites, their password requirements, and more.
Apple has created a new open source project to help developers of password managers collaborate to create strong passwords that are compatible with popular websites. The Password Manager Resources open source project allows you to integrate website-specific requirements used by the iCloud Keychain password manager to generate strong, unique passwords. The project also contains collections of websites known to share a sign-in system, links to websites’ pages where users change passwords, and more.
Apple has made the project available on GitHub so developers can take it all in. There’s a ton of information there as well, as well as an outline of what the project aims to do.
- By sharing resources, all password managers can improve their quality with less work than it’d take for any individual password manager to achieve the same effect.
- By publicly documenting website-specific behaviors, password managers can offer an incentive for websites to use standards or emerging standards to improve their compatibility with password managers; it’s no fun to be called out on a list!
- By improving the quality of password managers, we improve user trust in them as a concept, which benefits everyone.
Developers should head on over to GitHub to see how the project can help them and their apps.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Best Cydia Repos And Sources For iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Unc0ver
- iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With Unc0ver 5.0.x [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- Kodi 18.7 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.5.1 To Jailbreak iOS 13.5 While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak