While we still don’t have 5G iPhones Apple is already working on bringing mmWave 5G to the iPad Pro, according to a new report by DigiTimes.
The report claims Advanced Semiconductor Engineering will provide the technology needed to bring 5G to the iPhone and iPad, although it doesn’t specifically mention the iPad Pro. However, it’s unlikely that 5G would come to any iPad other than Apple’s highest-end model.
Apple is roundly expected to launch 5G iPhones before the close of 2020 but this is the first time we’ve heard that a 5G iPad is also in the works. While it stands to reason that the iPad – and iPad Pro specifically – would get 5G eventually, it isn’t clear from this report when we can expect it to arrive.
DigiTimes does specifically say that mmWave 5G technology will be used, which is the fastest 5G technology available. We’ve heard recent reports that even the iPhone won’t get that technology until early next year, although Ming-Chi Kuo has since said that isn’t correct.
Based on his research notes, we expect multiple iPhones to ship this year with variations on 5G and mmWave 5G technology. Whether some iPads will have the same 5G setup isn’t clear, although we’d expect the most premium models to be the ones with mmWave 5G if that’s the case.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 2 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak