Apple today released watchOS 7.6.1 to the public, an update that the company says brings “important security updates.” To that end, we’d suggest installing this update as soon as possible to ensure you are fully protected.
According to Apple, the fix deals with a IOMobileFrameBuffer issue that could allow bad actors to run code with kernel privileges.
Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later
Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.
CVE-2021-30807: an anonymous researcher
We’d always suggest that people install later versions of watchOS on their devices whenever a new version is released, but that is doubly the case when you’re dealing with a security issue. Throw in the fact that this security fix is to deal with an issue that could allow code to be run with kernel privileges, and it really is a no brainer. Install the update ASAP to ensure you’re fully covered.
Apple says this update will work on all Apple Watch Series 3 and later devices, although anyone who is running the watchOS 8 beta will have to wait for the fix to be rolled into that release — it’s impossible to downgrade Apple Watch software at this time.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.71 ISO Update Released With New Widgets and More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 3 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 3 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 3 / Public Beta Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.