According to a new sketchy report from a Brazilian blogging site, Cupertino-based Apple Inc. is looking to pave the way for SIM card-free future iPhones. If accurate, consumers could start seeing this type of iPhone hitting the market as early as September 2022.
The Blog do iPhone Brazilian online publication has stated that Apple had originally started looking at introducing iPhones without SIM card slots with the release of the iPhone 15 models in late 2023.
However, that could be brought forward with a tipster stating to MacRumors that major US-based carriers have been told to prepare for the launch of eSIM iPhones within the next ten months. To add some validity to the claim, the aforementioned tipster provided an official-looking document that outlines the project.
It’s worth noting that the provided document doesn’t actually mention Apple by name or mention the iPhone smartphone.
In order to get a jump on the transition to SIM-less smartphones, it’s being suggested that some of the major carriers in the United States will start offering some of Apple’s iPhone 13 models without a SIM card in the box. The next stage of that transition would logically be for Apple to start selling the iPhone 14 in September 2022 without any SIM card slot at all. Once accepted, then it’s likely that all future iPhone models would follow the same pattern.
For those wondering about what an eSIM actually is, it’s worth noting that that type of technology is not actually available in all countries. With that in mind, Apple will likely continue to offer hardware with a SIM card slot in some markets. In those countries that do have eSIM-compatibility, owners will be able to pull the iPhone out of the box and activate a cellular plan over a wireless network without needing access to a physical nano-SIM card.
By removing the SIM card slot and rolling out support in more countries for the eSIM, Apple would be able to take a step closer to building an iPhone that offers a seamless unibody design.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.2 — Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.