There’s already a ton of talk about Apple’s planned launch of a foldable iPhone at some point in the future but a new report by Economic Daily suggests that it could be just around the corner. If the report is correct, Apple wants to have a foldable ready by September 2022.
The report goes on to say that Apple has asked companies like Foxconn and New Nikko to get samples produced for testing, allowing the company to see where its suppliers are at in terms of quality.
According to the supply chain, Apple is intensively developing folding machines. It not only continues to accumulate patents, but also requires Taiwan’s supply chain to send samples for testing, including Hon Hai (2317) and New Nikko , which are partners that Apple relies on for its first folding iPhone.
The same report goes on to say that the bearings and screen are of particular note for Apple, with expectations high that it won’t suffer from any of the foldable issues that the likes of Samsung and Motorola have had to deal with. This will still be a device with a folding screen, however – there are going to be trade-offs of some description.
According to the supply chain, Apple is currently testing key components such as the screen and bearings of the folding machine in order to make the first folding iPhone come out as soon as possible. Samsung will still provide the panel for the screen. There are several suppliers for the bearing, and Taiwanese manufacturers With New Nikko as the main supplier, the assembly is estimated to be handled by Hon Hai, the largest foundry partner.
If Apple is trying to get its ducks in a row ahead of a September 2022 launch we only have one more iPhone to come before we can bend one in half. That’s something that is enough to get the juices flowing, that’s for sure!
(Source: Economic Daily [Google Translate])
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.