If you own an iPhone 6 Plus that is damaged to the point of needing to be replaced, you may be in luck according to a new report claiming that Apple will be replacing the older iPhone with one a year newer – the iPhone 6s Plus – through March.
The report coming out of MacRumors cites an internal document that has been distributed to Apple Authorized Services Providers, instructing them to offer a free replacement iPhone 6s Plus handset to those who need a whole device replacement of an existing iPhone 6 Plus, with this being the case until the end of March, 2018.
That means that if you are going to break your iPhone 6 Plus, now would be a very good time to do it. Apple’s note to teams does not go into details as to why this is happening, although there have already been reports that replacement iPhone 6 Plus batteries are in short supply right now, suggesting Apple may be using supplies for its new replacement battery initiative rather than have them sat in iPhone 6 Plus handsets that are available as replacement devices.
What will cause a whole device replacement to be initiated includes a failed Lightning port, faulty logic board and other general hardware failures. However, broken screens, speakers, rear cameras or even faulty Taptic Engines can be replaced by Apple Stores or authorized dealers, so not everyone with a damaged or failed iPhone 6 Plus will automatically qualify for this offer. If you do, though, thank your lucky stars – it is not often we get free upgrades in this world!
If you do have an iPhone 6 Plus that you think may be set for a whole device replacement, we suggest making an appointment with the local Genius Bar and finding out, at least before April rolls around!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.2 Jailbreak Update: What Happens After Apple Makes Software Update With chaiOS Patch Public?
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak With Cydia Substrate Update: Saurik To Present Talk At SpartaHack IV
- Pokemon Go 1.59.1 IPA And 0.89.1 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- How To Speed Up Amazon Fire TV Stick [Tips Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]