Apple could be ready to release the iOS 16.5 update to the public as soon as next week. That’s according to a new report by MacRumors based on a post by a Twitter leaker.
The account has reportedly been good at sharing accurate build numbers around a week before they have been released and a new tweet suggests that the company’s upcoming iOS 16.5 Release Candidate will carry the build number 20F65.
Based on that, and with the assumption that Apple will release that Release Candidate update this week, we can likely expect the final update to be made available to the public next week some time.
That update isn’t going to bring with it any huge changes, however. Throughout the beta releases for iOS 16.5 we have only come across a handful of changes. One of those is the ability to start a new screen recording using Siri, while the other is the addition of a new Sports tab in the Apple News app.
The iOS 16.5 update could well be the last before we see Apple announce iOS 17 in June, an update that is expected to bring with it many more changes than iOS 16.5.
That update will still require a months-long beta program of its own, however, and we shouldn’t expect it to ship to the public until some time in September.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.